ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
Dallas Community School is accepting applications for a part-time Counselor. Benefits include paid holidays, sick and personal leave, school paid PERS retirement plan and health and dental insurance.
Plans, promotes, and delivers a comprehensive, developmental program of guidance and counseling to assist students in the areas of academic achievement, career decision making, personal-social growth, and community contribution. Acts as a consultant in this regard to school staff, parents, and community members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Thorough knowledge of the Comprehensive Guidance and Counseling Framework.
2. Knowledge of growth and developmental stages of children.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to speak effectively to large and
4. Excellent human relations skills with the ability to establish good relationships with diverse
individuals and groups.
5. Ability to manage a wide variety of guidance information.
6. Maintains appropriate licensure, authorization, certifications, and/or training hours as required.
7. Professionally represents the school and the district in interactions with parents, community,
staff, and students.
8. Uses good judgment in expressing opinions related to students, parents, and colleagues.
9. Maintains confidentiality with respect to students and their records and is knowledgeable of the
legal rights of students and parents.
10. Maintains satisfactory personal health, except for temporary disability, has the emotional,
physical, and mental abilities to meet the standards required of the position.
11. Promotes a positive attitude within the staff and toward the school in the community.
12. Reserves the right to differ on issues, but will comply with decisions when made.
13. Takes necessary and reasonable actions for protection of students and school property.
14. Adheres to district policies and complies with applicable district, state, local and federal laws,
rules and regulations.
15. Adheres to Dallas Community School Workplace Expectations and Professional Communication
16. Attends work regularly and is punctual.
17. Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff, and parents and resolves conflict in a
ADDITIONAL LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides programs, information, and guidance to assist all students in selecting post-secondary
options aligned with each student’s skills and interests.
2. Provides a systematic approach to individual planning from middle school through high school.
3. Supports and consults in school-wide effort to assist students in developing personalized
education and career plans.
4. Informs students/guardians about pertinent test results and their implications for course
selections and post-secondary options.
5. Facilitates a collaborative effort to ensure students have access to support programs such as;
Financial Aid Night, College Events, Peer Helper, Leadership, etc.
6. Promotes a systemic approach to career development.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, TSPC licensure with School Counselor
endorsement and appropriate authorization(s). Prior successful experience working in a school
setting or with students strongly preferred.
2. Works well with others from diverse backgrounds. Focuses on solving conflict, maintaining
confidentiality, listening to others without interrupting, keeping emotions under control,
remaining open to others’ ideas, and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
3. Ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing. Ability to effectively
present information and respond effectively to questions in one-on-one, small and large group
situations to students and other school staff and parents. Ability to verbally respond to common
inquiries from students. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, IEP’s,
operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and governmental regulations.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Complete an application online found at http://dallascommunityschool.org/employment-copy/. Please
provide detailed information on education, training, and experience as it relates to this position. This
information can affect initial salary placement.
Email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Completed Application
2. Cover letter
Dallas Community School provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in
employment according to Oregon Revised Statutes. Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may
obtain a preference by submitting as verification of eligibility a copy of the Certificate of Release or
Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215) and/or the most recent annual letter from the U.S.
Department of Veterans Affairs confirming veteran status. Documentation must be received in
conjunction with the application.
Dallas Community School recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups and their roles
in society. It is the policy of Dallas Community School Board that there will be no discrimination or
harassment of individuals or groups on the grounds of age, color, creed, disability, marital status,
national origin, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation in any educational programs, activities or
Upon offer of employment, fingerprints will be required at a cost of $59 (to be reimbursed) or you may
provide proof of having successfully completed the fingerprint process in another Oregon school district.
Dallas Community School reserves the right to extend the closing date, withdraw, or otherwise revise
Location: Dallas Community School
Salary Range: $48,000 – $65,000
Shift Type: Part-time, Exempt
Position Closes: Open until filled
All applications must be submitted to email@example.com