Instructional Assistant Position Description
Dallas Community School
2019-2020 School Year
Dallas Community School is a personalized learning school serving students in grades
K-8. We are looking for a part-time (30 hours a week) Instructional Assistant to work with students in grades K-8 for the 2019-2020 school year. The Instructional Assistant supports and assists classroom teachers with instructional activities at the Dallas Community School, which is a small public charter school located in Dallas, Oregon. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic person who has previous experience working with children, is flexible with the needs of our students and of the school, works well with a wide variety of people, has strong academic skills at the elementary level, has a successful work history, and is highly motivated to be part of a high performing team dedicated to providing quality education to the students we serve.
Position status: Position: Part-time, non-exempt, no benefits
Work schedule: Typically Monday-Thursday 8:15 am to 3:45 pm (based on school calendar)
Salary: Up to $14.50 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
· Works with the licensed teachers to plan and implementing a program of study designed to meet individual needs of students.
· Works with the licensed teachers to create a classroom environment conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
· Works with the classroom teachers to encourage student’s enthusiasm for the learning process.
· Assists teachers with paperwork (making spreadsheets, filing, tracking documents etc.)
· Monitors students during the lunch and recess breaks.
· Works with the classroom teachers in taking necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
· Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of students in all areas of the school.
· Upholds and enforces board policy, administrative procedures, and school rules and regulations, and is supportive of them to the public.
· Works cooperatively with parents to strengthen the educational program for their children.
· Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other staff members.
· Supervise small groups or individual students working in our Independent Study classroom.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· At least one year of experience working in a public, private, or alternative education setting with elementary or middle-school aged children preferred.
· Demonstrated understanding of community-based learning in a nontraditional education settings,homeschooling, and alternative education.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with school staff, program staff, parents and community members.
· Ability to provide instruction for students in small and individual settings.
· Ability to work independently with multiple supervisors.
· Strong computer skills and ability to work with a wide variety of applications.
· Associate’s Degree or 2 years previous experience working with youth.
· Familiar with a wide variety of classroom technology.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EEO and ADA Information
The information contained in this job description for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position (or similar) and additional duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at dallascommunityschool.org and click on About Us and then Employment. Please submit a letter of application, the application form, and a resume. You must submit a complete application to be considered for this position. Send all documents to the following email address: email@example.com This position will open until filled.
1. Email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
● Cover letter
● List of professional references to include your most recent supervisor(s) if not included in your resume
Due to the anticipated number of applications expected, we regret that we cannot personally reply to every inquiry. Applicants selected for an interview will be notiﬁed by phone. Applicants selected for hire must pass a drug screening and a comprehensive criminal, driver, and personal history background check.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers