Data Entry Position Description
Dallas Community School
2019-2020 School Year
Dallas Community School is a personalized learning school serving students in grades
K-8. We are looking for a part-time (20 hours a week) Data Entry Specialist to work in an school office environment for the 2019-2020 school year. The Data Entry Specialist provides support for a variety of staff at Dallas Community School, which is a small public charter school located in Dallas, Oregon. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic person who has previous experience working with data entry and a bonus would be experience working with children. Apply if you have a successful work history, and is highly motivated to be part of a high performing team dedicated to providing quality education to the students we serve.
Position status: Position: Part-time, non-exempt, no benefits
Work schedule: Flexible – To be determined by the school director (20 hours a week)
Duration of the position: September through June of 2020
Salary: Up to $13.50 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
· Works with a variety of staff entering data into a variety of software applications.
· Assists teachers with paperwork (making spreadsheets, filing, tracking documents etc.)
· Works with office administration to support the director, business manager, and program coordinator.
· Upholds and enforces board policy, administrative procedures, and school rules and regulations, and is supportive of them to the public.
· Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other staff members.
· Supervise small groups or individual students working in our Independent Study classroom.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· At least one year of experience working in a data entry position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with school staff.
· Ability to perform work without errors.
· Ability to work independently with multiple supervisors.
· Strong computer skills and ability to work with a wide variety of applications.
· Associate’s Degree or 2 years previous experience.
· Familiar with a wide variety of computer applications.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EEO and ADA Information
The information contained in this job description for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position (or similar) and additional duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit a letter of application, the application form, and a resume. You must submit a complete application to be considered for this position. Send all documents to the following email address: email@example.com This position will open until filled.
To Apply: Email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
● Cover letter
● List of professional references to include your most recent supervisor(s) if not included in your resume.
Due to the anticipated number of applications expected, we regret that we cannot personally reply to every inquiry. Applicants selected for an interview will be notiﬁed by phone. Applicants selected for hire must pass a drug screening and a comprehensive criminal, driver, and personal history background check.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers