Congratulations on your decision to enroll your child at Dallas Community School. Carefully read the following information and then complete the form below. You will receive an email confirmation after submitting the form.
Please read the information below before completing the form.
Dallas Community School is a public charter school for students who are learning in a home/community-based environment. We emphasize individualized learning that includes access to financial support for curriculum, support from licensed teachers, enrichment classes, field trips, and social activities. By enrolling your child and making use of DCS services, you agree to the following:
- Parents/guardians are responsible for educating their children with support from the school and their guide. Child care at the school site is not provided. All students who are on-site must be enrolled in a class or activity.
- Students and Learning Coaches (parent/guardian) are required to meet once every two weeks with their assigned Education Guide. There are no exceptions other than verifiable emergency or illness.
- Students must participate in learning activities daily, Monday-Friday, with the exception of holidays, vacation days, and excused absences. Learning Coaches (parent/guardian) must submit a bi-weekly attendance record that is provided by DCS.
- Students attending DCS-sponsored classes and field trips are expected to be able to adhere to behavior expectations, age requirements, and course requirements. All students should be ready to fully participate in course activities.
- Students in grades 3 and up are expected to participate in end of year assessments as part of our learning community’s agreement with Dallas School District. Opt-out forms are available, but all students are strongly encouraged to participate in assessments in a way that respects the individual student.
- All students are required to keep work samples as outlined in the student’s Personalized Learning Plan.
- Learning Coaches must complete all required paperwork prior to the start of school.
- Families living outside the DCS service area (Polk, Marion, Yamhill, Benton, and Linn counties) will be required to travel to the DCS service area to meet with the Education Guide.